At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.
Do you have the icons for your Windows partitions on the desktop ?
I have Knoppix 3.3, and everything is mounted read-only by default.
Right click on the partition icon, and choose "Change read write mode" .
You will get an "Are you sure ?" screen. Agree, and it will change the partition to be writable.
Then you can move/copy using Konqueror, MC, or whatever, and the partition will stay that way until you change it back.
At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.
Good Point, Thanks.At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.
I run Knoppix from the CD on a Windows 98 SE box, so anything I do in Knoppix that I want to save "permanently", I copy to a Windows partition.
I knew there was a reason I went for Linux instead of Windows XP !
![]()
Is it possible to edit the ISO before burning so that it mount Win partitions as read write by default (VFAT only).
Also can I "install" a program on the win partition that I can use from knoppix (ddd debugger).
Ok any help is great.
G F D
I have found no problems havin windows stuff and linux stuff on the same fat partition. I should say that it mostly storage and non os specific files that are shared like mp3,text and htm files. Windows seems to ignore most linux files and gives them the generic unrecognised file icon.
johnb

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99