Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Write to Windows Partitions

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Positively Lost in Knoppix
    Posts
    11

    Write to Windows Partitions

    Do you have the icons for your Windows partitions on the desktop ?

    I have Knoppix 3.3, and everything is mounted read-only by default.
    Right click on the partition icon, and choose "Change read write mode" .
    You will get an "Are you sure ?" screen. Agree, and it will change the partition to be writable.
    Then you can move/copy using Konqueror, MC, or whatever, and the partition will stay that way until you change it back.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Positively Lost in Knoppix
    Posts
    11
    At this time, you can only write to fat partitions not ntfs.
    Good Point, Thanks.
    I run Knoppix from the CD on a Windows 98 SE box, so anything I do in Knoppix that I want to save "permanently", I copy to a Windows partition.

    I knew there was a reason I went for Linux instead of Windows XP !

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    1

    Can it be set as default

    Is it possible to edit the ISO before burning so that it mount Win partitions as read write by default (VFAT only).

    Also can I "install" a program on the win partition that I can use from knoppix (ddd debugger).

    Ok any help is great.

    G F D

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    I have found no problems havin windows stuff and linux stuff on the same fat partition. I should say that it mostly storage and non os specific files that are shared like mp3,text and htm files. Windows seems to ignore most linux files and gives them the generic unrecognised file icon.
    johnb

Similar Threads

  1. Windows/Knoppix Partitions
    By Jim in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM
  2. How to write to other linux partitions.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:15 PM
  3. Cannot mount windows partitions
    By milkjam in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:00 AM
  4. How rescue Windows Partitions with K3B?
    By HK in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:34 PM
  5. Windows FAT and FAT 32 partitions
    By fransm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00