-
Problem with sound, failed emu10k1
First off, Knoppix rocks. I can finally learn more about Linux without having to commit a hard drive to it
I have a sound blaster audigy x-gamer card, as well as onboard sound. I tried running a modconf and installing emu10k1, but it said failed to open modules.dep for writing and it fails. I made sure everything was said to read-write mode, sure not to have readonly enabled, but still no go. I also tried this with my onboard sound and same problem.
And secondly, but not as importantly, I tried running knoppix on my laptop, but the screen is very dim and hard to read, is this just an LCD problem?
PLEASE help with my sound, I'll be on Knoppix all the time if my sound works 
Thanks!!
-matt
-
make sure "plug n' play OS' option is turned off in your bios options.
i have a sound blaster live 4.1 that did the same thing after i enabled this option.
Similar Threads
-
By Bookseller in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By Max in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
-
By Wylkroe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99