make sure "plug n' play OS' option is turned off in your bios options.
i have a sound blaster live 4.1 that did the same thing after i enabled this option.
First off, Knoppix rocks. I can finally learn more about Linux without having to commit a hard drive to it![]()
I have a sound blaster audigy x-gamer card, as well as onboard sound. I tried running a modconf and installing emu10k1, but it said failed to open modules.dep for writing and it fails. I made sure everything was said to read-write mode, sure not to have readonly enabled, but still no go. I also tried this with my onboard sound and same problem.
And secondly, but not as importantly, I tried running knoppix on my laptop, but the screen is very dim and hard to read, is this just an LCD problem?
PLEASE help with my sound, I'll be on Knoppix all the time if my sound works
Thanks!!
-matt
make sure "plug n' play OS' option is turned off in your bios options.
i have a sound blaster live 4.1 that did the same thing after i enabled this option.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67