-
Problem with sound, failed emu10k1
First off, Knoppix rocks. I can finally learn more about Linux without having to commit a hard drive to it
I have a sound blaster audigy x-gamer card, as well as onboard sound. I tried running a modconf and installing emu10k1, but it said failed to open modules.dep for writing and it fails. I made sure everything was said to read-write mode, sure not to have readonly enabled, but still no go. I also tried this with my onboard sound and same problem.
And secondly, but not as importantly, I tried running knoppix on my laptop, but the screen is very dim and hard to read, is this just an LCD problem?
PLEASE help with my sound, I'll be on Knoppix all the time if my sound works 
Thanks!!
-matt
Similar Threads
-
By Bookseller in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By Max in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
-
By Wylkroe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99