-
Junior Member
registered user
i found this
At first I could not figure out how you get it to boot 2.6 from a HD install though I just kept getting a kernel panic no init found no matter what init= I passed so I had to boot with the CD and edit lilo to show a prompt to boot the old kernel. Then I changed to the /boot directory and ran mkinitrd -o linux-2.6.1.gz to make a new initrd then changed the initrd= line in the /etc/lilo.conf to initrd=/boot/linux-2.6.1.gz and ran /sbin/lilo -v to write lilo and rebooted and Voila! kernel 2.6 on a HD install.
Edit: And I had to add:
Code:
## Needed for kernel 2.6
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
To the /etc/fstab as well to get the /sys mount needed for kernel 2.6 the directory /sys already existed so I did no have to create it.
here... http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=36394#36394
i try this now...
Similar Threads
-
By Haslemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 12:01 AM
-
By berdy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:25 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00