Hi there
I used hdinstall to install Knoppix on my IBM Thinkpad 600X.
This Laptop has a Xircom Creditcard 10/100 Modell CE3B-100
as pcmcia Networking adapter.
The system ist super and runs for days, but
when I use the network to transfer some files, it just freezes.
When I try to transfer about 6-8 Mbytes to the System,
it just doesn't accept any input any more.
I think the kernel is just working fine, because all processes
like cron and syslog are still working. But
I can't access the system.
No network, no keyboard and no display.
An "ifconfig" started via cronjob every 5 min
shows the Interface eth0 is UP.
And no error in /var/log/messages.
Is there anybody who can help ?
Or perhaps knows where to look?
thanks a lot
Gerald

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98