-
Junior Member
registered user
NEWBIE: Help getting modem work
I'm new in Linux. I had a sound problem but I manage to solve it.
My last problem is to manage to connect to internet. I'm writing this lines from Windows and I would like to do it from Linux.
I'm using Knoppix 3.2 installed on hard disc with "knx-hdinstall"
My modem is AGERE SYSTEM PCI SOFT MODEM. In windows it is installed on COM3.
In KPPP I choose ttyS2 but system says : Modem is busy , and doing nothing. If I choose ttyS0 and Querry modem it recognized it but all ATI fields are blank and modem not working.
I didn't installed any Linux drivers for it becouse don't now WHAT?
Can somebody tell me what to download and how to install it and make it work.
THANKS
Similar Threads
-
By White_Devil in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 07:37 PM
-
By Filbert in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 08:12 AM
-
By JrBobDobbs in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By slicksps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 02:49 AM
-
By Rorypyro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00