-
Just one last question. Thanks for the helpful response so far. But you see I plan on installing a 2.6 kernel as I have fairly modern hardware and this kernel offers several features that I need if I want my hardware to be fully supported.
However I was wondering if there was anything I needed to install or anything special I needed to do to get the 2.6.2 kernel to run sucessfully? I know a few things are different about 2.6x, so I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice?
Also I have never used lilo before and am not cetain how useful it would be to change my boot manager, so how would I edit lilo to ensure both my old and new kernel were avaialable in case of problems?
Additionally I installed - or I thought I installed KDE 3.3 via apt-get. But when I start Knoppix it still says I only have 3.1.5. KDE 3.3 isn't listed on the login screen in the list of avaiable Windows managers either.
How do I start KDE 3.3 and make sure it replaces my existing version of KDE 3.1.5 (since there is no point in having two versions of KDE installed)?
Kind regards,
GJ
Similar Threads
-
By bsjawle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By Stas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:20 PM
-
By shadinio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:47 PM
-
By legal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By SaS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99