-
Ok thanks guys. I wondered why it was so quiet. 
Well I installed the 2.6 kernel and it boots - but I only get about 10 seconds in and then I get a kernel panic.
The error message I get is:
Code:
/etc/rcS.d/S20module-init-tools:
line 33: 93 Segmentation fault modprobe $args <6>
Warning: process 'update' used the obsolete bdflush sysyem call.
Fix your initscripts?
Now I suspect that this is because there are a bunch of scripts that need updating too - but again as this is debian and not Gentoo I haven't got a clue where to start.
In Gentoo it is simply /etc/init.d/kernel-version and in this directory there is a simple text file that tells the kernel what modules to use at boot time.
I noticed that debian also has this directory - although in this instance it is filled with what seem to be a rather more complete set of scripts. For eample one file I found in there was a script to automatically configure my Audigy 2 sound card. It actually works very well - and I guess the question is how to get it to run at boot time so that my card is always correctly configured.
However before I do that, I would very much like to figure out how to get a 2.6x kernel properly running - as I am keen not to be left behind as work on 2.6x progresses.
Any advice anyone can offer would therefore be very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
G. J
Similar Threads
-
By bsjawle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By Stas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:20 PM
-
By shadinio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:47 PM
-
By legal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By SaS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99