Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Blank Boot Screen

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3

    Blank Boot Screen

    Hey everyone,
    My problems are similar to the ones from the following posts:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...641&highlight=

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8107

    I am able to access the intro screen, but typing anything after that such as knoppix xmodule=ati|radeon|, and various other combinations and additions does not solve my problem of a blank screen.

    My system is a Dell Inspiron 5150 with a Radeon 9000 Mobility. I have tried all the xmodule combinations such as vesa, fbdev, etc.

    I am still continuing to get an error. I would appreciate any suggestions

    Cheers!
    Kirupa :P

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Seems like you are having the smp kernel problem.
    This should fix it:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6154
    (which unfortunaltely involves getting another iso image and burning it to cd first)

    However, Moustache claims he can now boot the latest Knoppix using only the nosmp cheat code:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8053
    That doesn't work for me (I have another machine though) but he says he's upgraded the BIOS so you might want to try doing that first.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thanks I'll try the second method first and if that doesn't work, I'll use your first method second. Haha.

    The second method did not work, so I am downloading your experimental ISO. Thanks!

    Cheers!
    Kirupa

Similar Threads

  1. how to keep from getting just a blank screen?
    By nuB71705 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:20 AM
  2. I can boot but screen goes blank on entering X Windows
    By patty34 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 08:44 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
  4. knoppix boot errors - blank screen turning on/off
    By frozt54 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 06:28 PM
  5. Blank screen on boot (the very beginning)
    By Frozen Fire in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2003, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield picture

ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield

$60.00



Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi II AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX DDR4 Gaming MB picture

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi II AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX DDR4 Gaming MB

$145.00



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00