I am brand new to Knoppix and just like other new users I am prompted for a password when trying to change the settings such as the clock time etc.
I have read other pasts and have tried running the passwd command but am asked for the current password (which I don't have). If I leave the field blank I get authentication failures..see below:
Changing password for knoppix
(current) UNIX password:
passwd: Authentication failure
Please help!
Sorry Please disregard..I need to learn how to READ the earlier post correctly

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)
$75.00
LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount
$350.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00