-
Changing admin(root) password revisited
I am brand new to Knoppix and just like other new users I am prompted for a password when trying to change the settings such as the clock time etc.
I have read other pasts and have tried running the passwd command but am asked for the current password (which I don't have). If I leave the field blank I get authentication failures..see below:
Changing password for knoppix
(current) UNIX password:
passwd: Authentication failure
Please help! 
Sorry Please disregard..I need to learn how to READ the earlier post correctly
Similar Threads
-
By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
-
By jester600 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
-
By lello107 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:26 AM
-
By dennison_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 05:04 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

Kingston FURY Beast 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-28800 (DDR4-3600) UDIMM Memory - Black
$900.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 8GBx2 DDR4 2400MHz RAM HX424C15FB3/8
$79.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz 288-Pin DIMM CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
$54.99

Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00

ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 DIMM Unbuffered AX3U1600W8G9-RR
$25.00