-
Install on HDD
Hi
I will install the Knoppix on HD. My WIndows 98 partion are hda1(c
and hda3(d
. I have formated the hda3. And i will install in this partition, but with windows in partion hda1.I have to configure lilo? I need help to install knoppixo on hd (but in hda3).
Thanks
-
The second HDD have to be ext2.
You don't need to configure lilo. You can use loadlin (find it on google). I'm starting my Knoppix with loadlin. You just need vlimuz and the HD (ex. /dev/hdc3).
-
Senior Member
registered user
My favourite instructions are here:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
cfdisk will see hda3, just partition it.
I'd advise using Lilo (but make a boot disk anyway in case you need to re-install Windows): it'll give you a simple option to boot Windows or Linux, while LoadLin requires that you load Windows first (slower, and what happens when Windows falls over?).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99