when you logon to your windows machine, are you using knoppix as the userid? it has to match a valid smb user/password combination
Hi, I installed knoppix on my hard drive. Now I typed in "/etc/init.d/samba start" and it started fine. I looked on my windows machine and it found the linux machine but it's asking for a password. I typed in on knoppix "smbpasswd -a knoppix" and typed in a new password. Then I restarted samba. Then went back to the windows machine and refreshed and it's still asking me for the password which I don't know and it doesn't have a user field. Can someone tell me what to do and also what the old password is because when I was using the "smbpasswd" command it kept asking me for the old password and I think that's what windows is looking for too.
when you logon to your windows machine, are you using knoppix as the userid? it has to match a valid smb user/password combination

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00