-
invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
I got this error while trying to copy a bunch of mp3 files from one place to another. It occurred every time the file manager encountered a file or folder containing a character that wasn't standard English.
Motorhead with an umlaut over the first O, for instance. or an accent - whatever. So it was taking forever to copy the files. So I decided to try to figure this out. I did some searches on this error and linuxforum gave me a clue that the error message was language related.
So I tried to change the boot language to German. Voila! I can now copy any and all folders and files with no error messages. I will always remember the German names
for 'copy' and 'paste'...
Similar Threads
-
By w0lfie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
-
By kapper in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
-
By dakky21 in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2006, 01:18 AM
-
By andreas2000 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:56 AM
-
By doremi99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99