I am new to Knoppix.I am using M.Gagne's cd that is supplied with his book(supposedly Knoppix).i can load Linux o.k. but i cannot use the cd player(kscd,noathun).i booted with no boot parameters.My puter is:
P11-486,512 ram-16gig and 80 gig HD's,DVD-ROM(matshita),CD-RW
(samsung-sw232b).I tried listening to music(mp3,wav) via HD and via an original CD.The cd player shows up and i see the song that i selected on the cd player but no music,(sound,speakers,etc all work).any DETAILED help.thank you.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI B460M PRO-VDH WIFI LGA1200 Micro ATX Motherboard
$125.00
ASRock 970A-G/3.1 DDR3 ATX Motherboard
$40.00
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H AMD Ryzen Motherboard
$49.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00