Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: X11 Does not start

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    X11 Does not start

    Knoppix runs and loads completely, I can use linux as though it was installed when I run knoppix with 'knoppix 2'. However, when I try to run X11, all I see is a blank screen.
    I have tried almost every 'cheat code' I could find in the forums.

    noapm, noddc, noapci, xmodule=vesa, etc
    Knoppix does seem to configure itself properly also. It auto configures my hardware properly.
    My hardware:
    Intel Pentium 2.6 GHz
    ATI Radion 9800 Pro
    Running Windows XP

    Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    41
    Try "fb800x600" at boot prompt (not "knoppix fb800x600").

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1
    Typing "fb800x600" at the boot prompt worked for me. I have the following:

    ATI Radeon 9600 pro
    P4 2.8GHz, HT enabled
    Gigabyte 8IK1100 motherboard

    So the question is how to do I configure Knoppix correctly so I can use it at my native 1280x1024 resolution? Do I need a driver?

Similar Threads

  1. Umm were do I start.
    By made2000 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 11:26 PM
  2. Don't know how to start ede.
    By Zerro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 04:31 PM
  3. How do I start nfs?
    By pelican in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:07 PM
  4. Can't Start X11?
    By fasttech in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:02 AM
  5. KDE no start
    By timmd in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2002, 12:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Truevision NuVista+ NuBus Video Capture Card DIN-96CCPC-SR1 3091 picture

Vintage Truevision NuVista+ NuBus Video Capture Card DIN-96CCPC-SR1 3091

$450.00



Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse picture

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse

$159.95



Vintage Apple Mac A1048 White Wired Full Size Keyboard w/ 2 USB Ports TESTED picture

Vintage Apple Mac A1048 White Wired Full Size Keyboard w/ 2 USB Ports TESTED

$22.89



Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM picture

Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM

$275.00



Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests picture

Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests

$99.99



Vintage 1991 Apple Keyboard II M0487 ADB Rare picture

Vintage 1991 Apple Keyboard II M0487 ADB Rare

$45.00



Vintage Chyron Duet Keyboard Modules - Private Listing for Kris picture

Vintage Chyron Duet Keyboard Modules - Private Listing for Kris

$269.99



Vintage Compaq 2930A Handheld Computer PC Software Accessories Voyager VGA picture

Vintage Compaq 2930A Handheld Computer PC Software Accessories Voyager VGA

$199.95



Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor  Other picture

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other

$299.99



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99