Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need help w/ filmgimp.tar install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9
    Hi I am a Linux NooB, I just downloaded filmgimp (filmgimp-0.16.tar), and I can't get it to run. I read the installation file and when I try to make a directory on my linux drive(I keep getting permission denied, even though I set the drive to be writable) I just wanna know how to set all my drives to be writables.[/quote]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke187
    Hi I am a Linux NooB, I just downloaded filmgimp (filmgimp-0.16.tar), and I can't get it to run. I read the installation file and when I try to make a directory on my linux drive(I keep getting permission denied, even though I set the drive to be writable) I just wanna know how to set all my drives to be writables.
    Have you booted off CD or a HD install ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    It's usually a good idea to start your own thread rather than tacking an off topic post on an existing thread. That said....


    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke187
    Hi I am a Linux NooB, I just downloaded filmgimp (filmgimp-0.16.tar), and I can't get it to run. I read the installation file and when I try to make a directory on my linux drive(I keep getting permission denied, even though I set the drive to be writable) I just wanna know how to set all my drives to be writables.
    To find out the status of your drives simply type:

    mount
    /dev/hda10 on /mnt/hda10 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev)

    rw = read/write

    To get a drive to mount automatically on boot simply add it to /etc/fstab

    /dev/hda10 /mnt/hda10 ext3 auto,users,exec 0 0

    You can only make directories in your own /home unless you are root.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9
    Sorry guy I did what u told me, and I(Sorry for that) still can't get my drive to be writable here's my fsab file info:

    # /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
    #
    # filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
    /dev/hdb5 / ext2 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    /dev/hda1 none swap sw 0 0
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
    /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb5 /mnt/hdb5 ext2 auto,users,exec 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2 ntfs noauto,users,exec,rw,umask=000 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 ntfs noauto,users,exec,rw,umask=000 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6 ntfs noauto,users,exec,rw,umask=000 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb3 /mnt/hdb3 ntfs noauto,users,exec,rw,umask=000 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6 vfat noauto,users,exec,rw,umask=000 0 0

    hdb5 is my linux drive all the others are windows, also is it possible to write ntfs? Only my fat32 drive is writable

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel core i3-10100 CPU picture

Intel core i3-10100 CPU

$30.00



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99