Take a look in /etc/console-tools/config
I have Debian 3.0 running on my computer. I have compiled and installed kernel 2.6.0 and have a framebuffer set up for boot and the virtual consoles. The font that shows with vga=0a in lilo.conf is terrible and I would like to use the same font that Knoppix uses. It is beautiful. I have researched this for a couple of days finally found /etc/init.d/console-screen.sh. It appears that the font that is being loaded at boot is SCREEN_FONT. But I cannot find where this variable is defined. I know the fonts are in /usr/share/consolefonts. There are 180 plus fonts in that directory. Some are obviously not the font loaded into the video card but that still leaves a bunch of fonts.
Can any one help?
Sleepless in Seattle.
Take a look in /etc/console-tools/config
I can't find any fonts in there - they seem to be commented out (does this mean that they are the default fonts?).![]()
Also, where's the configuration setting (which file?) which makes the kde console windows semi-transparent.
I am using the latest 2.6 kernel.![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99