Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB device not accepting new address

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    USB device not accepting new address

    Hello,
    I am running Knoppix installed on hard disk. I can't get my Intel 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB rec 01 UHCI USB controller to work with any device. I only see the UHCI hub in the USB view utility. Also, under /proc/bus/usb only the 01 file appears for the USB hub. I added in /etc/fstab the line "none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs auto 0 0" and mounted it manually.

    I get these messages when I plug a USB device and do "dmesg |grep usb"
    usb-dhci: interrupt, status 2
    usb.c: USB device not accepting new address __ (error -110)

    Also, how do I "make menuconfig" as given by http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html. What directory am I supposed to be in?

    Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Same problem here...

    I installed knoppix 3.3, changed sources.list to match sid's and dist-upgraded.

    After upgrading to 2.6.2 (with debian patches) Iget the same error as you do:
    "hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 3
    usb 2-1: device not accepting address 3, error -110
    hub 2-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 1. Maybe the USB cable is bad?"

    I've got this problem when pluggin in a wireless card (I've tryed 2 different ones); I'm using a logitech mouse with no problems, and have tryed successfully one usb wireless card when booting the "old" 2.4.22, so maybe the new 2.6 are the problem 8-?

    Bye!

Similar Threads

  1. USB device not accepting new address
    By Linoobie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:06 AM
  2. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  3. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
  5. accepting SUN Java license
    By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller

$19.99



Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ picture

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ

$129.00



Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong picture

Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong

$174.99



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller

$17.99



Commodore 1702 Monitor Tested picture

Commodore 1702 Monitor Tested

$399.99



Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply picture

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply

$169.99



Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard rev5 8370 Denise 512k CHIP 1.2 ROM picture

Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard rev5 8370 Denise 512k CHIP 1.2 ROM

$325.00



Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung picture

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung

$297.98



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99