Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: GTKAM don't show my pics

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    GTKAM don't show my pics

    When I boot from live Knoppix CD, connect my digital camera with program GTKAM everything works just fine but
    If I boot from hard disk (installed from same CD with "knx-hdinstall") ,GTKAM says it can't initialized my dig. camera.
    Is there any conection with hotplug menager or is there any command I should try.(I have an USB conection).
    I will appreciate any help I get.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Re: GTKAM don't show my pics

    Somehow I manage to solve my problem with little researche.
    This is what i did:

    Don't now is it important, but boot up with your camera connected and turned on just for any case.

    Edit your /etc/fstab and add the following line:

    /dev/usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0

    and then in terminal as root typemake sure your cam is connected and on)

    mount /proc/bus/usb

    If you are lucky like I was this should work.
    Try your camera or type this to see is your camera listed:

    cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

    I'm new in Linux so if anybody now diffrent way to do it or to modify it to work better please add your opinioin.
    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. New LapTop Pics
    By Nano in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 10:57 PM
  2. Where do i put files so they show up at /
    By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 06:49 PM
  3. The Linux Show
    By Stephen in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 01:00 AM
  4. Show all installed packages
    By EMH_Mark3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 07:03 AM
  5. Newbie here, Please show compassion!
    By TripWire in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99