Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
Check to see if to see if the modules are in the /etc/modules if they are put a # character in front of the line or if you want remove the line.
Still working on the alsa sound issue ...
Played around with knoppix hd install again and still cannot get the alsa ver to load by default on reboot. It also appears that knoppix alsa is not the same as the debian version and does not install the same, but I could be mistaken.

How can I get rid of the Knoppix HD installed alsa and install the Debian versions? synaptic? or is there another pkg manager that may be better to use.

more info .... I added the lines
./alsa-autoconfig
aumix -w 80 -v 80

..... to the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file and the sound came on at boot, BUT XMMS would not run, it crashed. Interesting that all the sound effects worked after boot though.

Sure would like to use Knoppix as a default Debian installer. It makes it so easy to get a system running on Debian.

tb