run as ROOT is better for Administrator than as normal user ,i think! Can anyone change this?
Feather Linux, a 64Mb-sized Knoppix remaster, currently runs as root when ran from CD. While not much of a security risk from CD, this would be good to fix.
I suspect Feather stays as root because there's no login process and the loading of X is different. So how does Knoppix login as a normal user, and how could this be applied to Feather?
run as ROOT is better for Administrator than as normal user ,i think! Can anyone change this?
personally I disagree (but I know not many people thinks like this).Originally Posted by luhua
If you don't do a HD install security problems shouldnt be present at all.
Anyway, I am more than intereseted: I'm trying to remaster it so that it runs as root everything.
I see that the knoppix user appers from the launch of .../xinit/xinitrc
Where can I change this???
Alessandro
Well, with Feather I rewrote the whole xinitrc system, so that probably has something to do with it - I did that because it uses the Xvesa and Xfbdev servers.

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95