I'm working on 3.4 Cebit which has gnome 2.4. I altered the theme a bit and added icons to the upper panel. I did this and copied the edited configs back to /etc/skel when I was finished. However after burning the CD, the gnome session is not reloaded.
I did a man on gnome session and it says there is a --choose-session= argument. I tried adding this to where I thought it should go in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession and also setting all the .gnome and .metacity folders to get copied from /etc/skel to /home/knoppix, but it didn't work.
It loads the previous session fine when I startx while chrooted, but uses a default session when I boot the CD live. How should I fix this? I've never really used gnome before...
Edit: Checked morphiox forums... Looks like it's .gconf. I think I left that one out of the 45xsession script.

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$343.98
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00