-
Senior Member
registered user
Getting gnome to reload a saved session off remastered CD
I'm working on 3.4 Cebit which has gnome 2.4. I altered the theme a bit and added icons to the upper panel. I did this and copied the edited configs back to /etc/skel when I was finished. However after burning the CD, the gnome session is not reloaded.
I did a man on gnome session and it says there is a --choose-session= argument. I tried adding this to where I thought it should go in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession and also setting all the .gnome and .metacity folders to get copied from /etc/skel to /home/knoppix, but it didn't work.
It loads the previous session fine when I startx while chrooted, but uses a default session when I boot the CD live. How should I fix this? I've never really used gnome before...
Edit: Checked morphiox forums... Looks like it's .gconf. I think I left that one out of the 45xsession script.
Similar Threads
-
By pixturesk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
-
By Hunter in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 03:20 PM
-
By gcoker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)
$200.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$145.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) TK-50 Tape Drive
$80.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8933 module tape control TM03 common mode (B1)
$129.99