-
Senior Member
registered user
Getting gnome to reload a saved session off remastered CD
I'm working on 3.4 Cebit which has gnome 2.4. I altered the theme a bit and added icons to the upper panel. I did this and copied the edited configs back to /etc/skel when I was finished. However after burning the CD, the gnome session is not reloaded.
I did a man on gnome session and it says there is a --choose-session= argument. I tried adding this to where I thought it should go in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession and also setting all the .gnome and .metacity folders to get copied from /etc/skel to /home/knoppix, but it didn't work.
It loads the previous session fine when I startx while chrooted, but uses a default session when I boot the CD live. How should I fix this? I've never really used gnome before...
Edit: Checked morphiox forums... Looks like it's .gconf. I think I left that one out of the 45xsession script.
Similar Threads
-
By pixturesk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
-
By Hunter in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 03:20 PM
-
By gcoker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 8GB (1x8GB) DDR5-5600 PC5-5600B SO-DIMM 262-Pin RAM M425R1GB4BB0- Tested
$95.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

2x SAMSUNG 32GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY M393A4K40CB2-CVFC0 64GB TOTAL
$300.00

Lot 2 16GB (2x8GB) Micron 8GB DDR4-2666 1Rx8 PC4-2666V SO-DIMM Laptop RAM Tested
$50.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s
$1199.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00