-
Installin ACPI on compaq presario 2100
Hello, I have installed knoppix 3.3 recently on my Lap Top and would like to have the battery meters and be able to hybernate my machine. The battery icons in the bottom right say Power Management Not Avaliable. How do i fix this problem? Where do i go to download software to fix it? Please Help.....Thanx, Steve.
-
Hi,
I'm using Compaq Presario 2131AD (Knoppix 3.3-2004-02-09) and after following the instruction at http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/ , I got the acpi working.
Note: For ./install-kernel-knoppix.sh change it to ./install-kernel-kanotix.sh
Take the risk, try it. Since I just installed it 5 minutes ago, have not got any side effect yet, hopefully not.
Regards,
Jalil
-
Jalil, I updated the kernel and it partialy worked...I now have a battery meter and some power managent features; however, i still cannot put my computer into standby, sleep, or hibernate. I have not expieranced any problems yet and have been running it for a few days now.
Thanks for the help! Steve
-
Hi Steve,
If you refer to this documentation at http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html , you would find that the function you have mentioned is currently not supported under the kernel 2.4.x series.
Regards,
Jalil
Similar Threads
-
By t0ast in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By mendoza in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By grandb in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 05:24 AM
-
By edpatterson in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
-
By dirgotronix in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 RAM/Memory 32GB(2x16GB) 36-36-36-96 1.35V
$385.00

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Micron MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2E1TI 64GB DDR4-3200AA-RB4-12 RDIMM Memory Module
$650.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99