-
Problem remastering C't edition - ttyS/loop
Hi,
I'm doing a remaster from the V3.4 C't edition Kernel 2.6.1. Managed to build a iso which boots, and basically works. But there are some problems:
- persistent home does not work: When booting with "home=scan", there will be infinite error messages saying kernel does not support loop devices, and all I can do is to reboot. If not using persistent home, it boots fine. I investigated and found that I must do "modprobe loop" explicitly before doing "mount -o loop file.img /dir". In the original C't, there is no need to do "mobprobe loop" first.
- serial ports do not not work: all ttyS* does not work - even pppconfig's modem detection does not seems to find the /dev/ttyS* devices. "cat /proc/devices" shows no "ttyS" in my remaster, but in original C't, there is.
An observation is that the Autoconfiguration GreenBar is quite short when compared to the original C't boot. Maybe "hwsetup" does not finish its job but I'm not sure.
Any idea?
Kendrew
-
Senior Member
registered user
Did you use isolinux or syslinux?
-

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
Did you use isolinux or syslinux?
I use isolinux. And the boot process looks fine...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I guess I should test my remaster then and make sure it doesn't have the same problem with persistent home.
So far all my issues have been in the kmenu/kicker, getting a previous gnome session to load, the language change to english, and not being able to su (probably because I need to alias su as sudo su in .bashrc).
Similar Threads
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 10:08 AM
-
By richardljohnson in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By johnhedge in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 03:18 AM
-
By turbine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:54 PM
-
By mwgrenier in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98