Did you use isolinux or syslinux?
Hi,
I'm doing a remaster from the V3.4 C't edition Kernel 2.6.1. Managed to build a iso which boots, and basically works. But there are some problems:
- persistent home does not work: When booting with "home=scan", there will be infinite error messages saying kernel does not support loop devices, and all I can do is to reboot. If not using persistent home, it boots fine. I investigated and found that I must do "modprobe loop" explicitly before doing "mount -o loop file.img /dir". In the original C't, there is no need to do "mobprobe loop" first.
- serial ports do not not work: all ttyS* does not work - even pppconfig's modem detection does not seems to find the /dev/ttyS* devices. "cat /proc/devices" shows no "ttyS" in my remaster, but in original C't, there is.
An observation is that the Autoconfiguration GreenBar is quite short when compared to the original C't boot. Maybe "hwsetup" does not finish its job but I'm not sure.
Any idea?
Kendrew
Did you use isolinux or syslinux?
I use isolinux. And the boot process looks fine...Originally Posted by arkaine23
I guess I should test my remaster then and make sure it doesn't have the same problem with persistent home.
So far all my issues have been in the kmenu/kicker, getting a previous gnome session to load, the language change to english, and not being able to su (probably because I need to alias su as sudo su in .bashrc).

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
32GB DDR5 PC5-38400R RDIMM Micron MTC18F1045S1PC48BA2 Memory RAM
$949.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
SK hynix 32GB 2x16GB DDR4-2666 ECC RDIMM HMA82GR7AFR8N-VK Server RAM
$129.99
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79