Did you use isolinux or syslinux?
Hi,
I'm doing a remaster from the V3.4 C't edition Kernel 2.6.1. Managed to build a iso which boots, and basically works. But there are some problems:
- persistent home does not work: When booting with "home=scan", there will be infinite error messages saying kernel does not support loop devices, and all I can do is to reboot. If not using persistent home, it boots fine. I investigated and found that I must do "modprobe loop" explicitly before doing "mount -o loop file.img /dir". In the original C't, there is no need to do "mobprobe loop" first.
- serial ports do not not work: all ttyS* does not work - even pppconfig's modem detection does not seems to find the /dev/ttyS* devices. "cat /proc/devices" shows no "ttyS" in my remaster, but in original C't, there is.
An observation is that the Autoconfiguration GreenBar is quite short when compared to the original C't boot. Maybe "hwsetup" does not finish its job but I'm not sure.
Any idea?
Kendrew
Did you use isolinux or syslinux?
I use isolinux. And the boot process looks fine...Originally Posted by arkaine23
I guess I should test my remaster then and make sure it doesn't have the same problem with persistent home.
So far all my issues have been in the kmenu/kicker, getting a previous gnome session to load, the language change to english, and not being able to su (probably because I need to alias su as sudo su in .bashrc).

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink T54W Verizon VoIP IP Desk Phone, Black IP Phone Model
$55.00
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95