try something simpler:
cdrecord dev=0,0,0 Knoppix.iso
(but you need to give the full name of and -- depending on where you are -- path to the iso.)
The above lets cdrecord select the speed. Make sure you're using a 700Mb CD.
I downlaoded a Knoppix image and burn it in to a CDROM.
there was some problem with KDE(frequnet crashes) and it got freezed up.Then i tried to boot without any graphix.That works fine.
After some time I have got a error message like
CLOOP:read errroe at pos ********* in the file cdrom/KNOPPIX.
My md5checksum values are ok.
Then i booted with "knoppix testcd" it checks the md5sum and says that some files might have corrupted(I forget the exact output)
I went thro the FAQ in Knopiix.net and found that it may be because of the cd burner( CD-burner created a defective CD due to wrong writing speed or bad media).The command i gave is
cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0 -data KNOPP*.iso.
Is there anything wrong in this.Any more options are needed or what?.if yes what it is?.
I read that one has to burn the cd as a "Single Session CD" or select finalize. The Mode should be set as "Disk at once" or "Track at once" .(Reference http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading).
Plz clarify my doubts
Thx in advance
try something simpler:
cdrecord dev=0,0,0 Knoppix.iso
(but you need to give the full name of and -- depending on where you are -- path to the iso.)
The above lets cdrecord select the speed. Make sure you're using a 700Mb CD.
Thanks .It is working now.I guess some problem with the CD

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62