when you logon to your windows machine, are you using knoppix as the userid? it has to match a valid smb user/password combination
Hi, I installed knoppix on my hard drive. Now I typed in "/etc/init.d/samba start" and it started fine. I looked on my windows machine and it found the linux machine but it's asking for a password. I typed in on knoppix "smbpasswd -a knoppix" and typed in a new password. Then I restarted samba. Then went back to the windows machine and refreshed and it's still asking me for the password which I don't know and it doesn't have a user field. Can someone tell me what to do and also what the old password is because when I was using the "smbpasswd" command it kept asking me for the old password and I think that's what windows is looking for too.
when you logon to your windows machine, are you using knoppix as the userid? it has to match a valid smb user/password combination

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00