Is it possible to view images from the console in knoppix?
Is it possible to view images from the console in knoppix?
Not entirely sure what you mean. You can call gimp from a terminal:
gimp /path/To/myPic.jpeg
and it'll open up the image. But you really need X to see pics!
KnoppixNewbie,
I think what you are "saying" is you want to view an image in the command shell - First, I think this is something that (I think) would be like running VPIC in DOS, on a Windows, or DOS system. Second, The "Command Shell" is not a DOS prompt, as one would think if they view it coming from a DOS/Windows system.
In a way, the shell is like a DOS prompt, in that, you can run a program from the Shell, and in DOS, and if it has a GUI, both Knoppix, and Windows, will bring the program up in the GUI, rather that in a DOS text mode.
I am not really sure that a "Shell" window "can" view a graphic, considering that even in a DOS prompt, and a DOS program, In the DOS/Windows World, the graphic viewing program would still have to get some form of a GUI loaded to display a graphic on the screen. The easiest thought on a graphic program running in Knoppix, is to use the "already" loaded GUI to display/edit a graphics image.
If you are installed on a hard drive, I am sure a "apt-cache search imageeditor" or a "apt-cache search imageviewer" will return a few programs/packages, but I think they will still only run from within the GUI itself.
Thats my 2 shillings worth,
Cuddles

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01