Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Power Saving mode?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5

    Power Saving mode?

    I have a Toshiba A30-514, everything works fine, or I can get by with imediate help. My one big problem is that I dson't like leaving my laptop on when I'm not using it, but I don't like shutting it down if I'm going to be returning to it, or wen I have to take it somewhere without a power point I can use but it won't be in constant use.

    When I boot with WinXP, there are some settings I can change so it goes into 'hybernation' when I close the lid, so it's effectively off but the none of programs close and I don't have to restart.

    Is there anything like this in Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1
    Ive got the same laptop.
    All you have to do is click the power lightbulb on the task bar
    or go to Toshiba Power management in the control panel, then under the advanced tab you dhould see the power options.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  2. 9800 Pro, where's the power!?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
  3. power outrage
    By spiwokv in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
  4. computer won't power off
    By dimkal in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
  5. Server down : Power cut
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2003, 02:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$895.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit #2 picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit #2

$838.50



NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE picture

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE

$149.99



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99