Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Power Saving mode?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5

    Power Saving mode?

    I have a Toshiba A30-514, everything works fine, or I can get by with imediate help. My one big problem is that I dson't like leaving my laptop on when I'm not using it, but I don't like shutting it down if I'm going to be returning to it, or wen I have to take it somewhere without a power point I can use but it won't be in constant use.

    When I boot with WinXP, there are some settings I can change so it goes into 'hybernation' when I close the lid, so it's effectively off but the none of programs close and I don't have to restart.

    Is there anything like this in Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1
    Ive got the same laptop.
    All you have to do is click the power lightbulb on the task bar
    or go to Toshiba Power management in the control panel, then under the advanced tab you dhould see the power options.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  2. 9800 Pro, where's the power!?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
  3. power outrage
    By spiwokv in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
  4. computer won't power off
    By dimkal in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
  5. Server down : Power cut
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2003, 02:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99