-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Taking Knoppix to my buddie's place

Originally Posted by
desire
Wish me luck. Tomorrow I'm going over to my friend's house and I'm taking my Knoppix CD with me and givem a taste of penguin!. Their system is an Amd Duron 800, 256MB Ram, GF2 MX400 Video card and their internet connection is DSL. Anything I should know before hand? I'm actually curious to see how well or if it will work with the DSL connection.
Desire
You should be good to go, around here at least either with Sympatico or the cable company you can get a DHCP connection without problems even if they tell you that you need the PPPoE and are supposed to login to use it. Now if they have one of them stupid USB modems I heard about but never ran into yet I have no clue on that.
Similar Threads
-
By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:18 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 10:19 PM
-
By smurfy__ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:40 PM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 5 DDR4 Mixed Desktop RAM 28GB Total G.Skill Patriot Ballistix XPG Tested
$358.50

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00

TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Mz (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory
$188.00

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM
$145.00