-
Configuration files on USB key
Hi all!
I remastered Flonix (an USB-key Knoppix version) and thought about use it for router/firewall/VPN in different networks, with different config files.
So I need some way to put config files out the Knoppix compressed image, somewhere on the USB key, to configure net services after the boot process.
My question is, what's the best way to do this. I saw home-persistant documentation, but I wonder if there's an easier way to do it.
-
An idea about this, from myself
It's me, one more time.
I tried to put those conf files in the USB key, so when it boots they're accessible at /cdrom/somedir.
Then, on the chrooted Knoppix filesystem, made the symlinks like:
#ln -s /cdrom/somedir/file /etc/file
Then, I created the compressed image as usual, and booted with the new image.
But it didn't work, the /etc/file symlink doesn't point to
/cdrom/somedir/file, it points to /KNOPPIX/etc/file.
How I point outside the KNOPPIX image a symlink?
Regards.
Similar Threads
-
By jounihat in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
-
By gnarvaja in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM
-
By prawira in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:40 AM
-
By mechanical_messiah in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
-
By Lars Jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$71.87

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99