It probably will if 3.2 has made it into the unstable package list by then.
I'm sure remasterers like myself will be working to include it in modified 3.4 cebit ISO's in the next couple of weeks.
doesn anyone know if the final knoppix 3.4 will include kde 3.2, i know the c't edition doesn't but will the final release in march have it?
It probably will if 3.2 has made it into the unstable package list by then.
I'm sure remasterers like myself will be working to include it in modified 3.4 cebit ISO's in the next couple of weeks.
well it says as of today 2/21 the 3.2.0 packages are in experimental, does that mean they will have a better chance of making it into to unstable before knoppix 3.4 is released in march? i know it says as soon as the kde 3.1.5 packages go into testing, but im unsure of how long these proccesses take for packages to go here or there....
gordon8452, do you have a link for this announcment?Originally Posted by gordon8452
Originally Posted by aay
And so they are, don't have an announcement but some of them are in the packages list it does not look like the whole of KDE 3.2 is in there yet though I would give it a couple of days before trying to get them.
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/project...-i386/Packages
it was on the debian wiki, found it here http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKDE
section 3) kde 3.2 faq subsection e. When will kde3.2 go into unstable... thats where i found it
KDE 3.2 is in unstable, I downloaded it last night. I hadn't dist-upgraded my system for ages ( I had used the DVD to install it ) and so I had heaps and heaps of packages to upgrade.
Lots of dpkg -i --force-depends and --force-overwrite to get it all installed ( like 1000 packages ) but now it's all running sweet, and kde 3.2 is very nice. Konqueror seems to be improved heaps.
Just a note, don't try the 'cached imap (experimental)' in kmail, it seemed to delete all my email.
Yuck! That sucks. This equivilent feature works quite well in Mozilla Mail.Originally Posted by eadz
Would anyone be seriously interested in KDE 3.2 as a klik download? I think this would be possible quite easily... but a waste of bandwidth perhaps since sooner or later it will go into Knoppix anyway. In any case, if anyone wants to write a recipe...

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98