-
Black Screen after boot screen
Hey guys!
I'm very new to Linux (first time ever trying to use it). I downloaded the .iso file for 3.1, checked it against the md5, and created a boot disk using Nero Burning Mod like the instructions said.
When I reboot my machine with my BIOS configured to CDROM boot, I get the black penguin boot screen. After I hit ENTER it starts to boot Linux and then goes to a solid black screen. I have left it on this screen for up to 15 mins with not response from the computer. After that I rebooted and hit F2 at the boot screen and did the "fail safe" option. At that point, the screen said that Linux was decompressing and then gave me a crc error and then halted the boot sequence.
I have tried a few commands that I have seen in this messageboard with no luck.
Any Ideas?
Thanks so much!
Similar Threads
-
By mikeym9477 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
-
By Eponick in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:36 AM
-
By alexx-rc1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 10:07 AM
-
By Raz in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
-
By Sigmatador in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97