Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Black Screen after boot screen

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3

    Black Screen after boot screen

    Hey guys!

    I'm very new to Linux (first time ever trying to use it). I downloaded the .iso file for 3.1, checked it against the md5, and created a boot disk using Nero Burning Mod like the instructions said.

    When I reboot my machine with my BIOS configured to CDROM boot, I get the black penguin boot screen. After I hit ENTER it starts to boot Linux and then goes to a solid black screen. I have left it on this screen for up to 15 mins with not response from the computer. After that I rebooted and hit F2 at the boot screen and did the "fail safe" option. At that point, the screen said that Linux was decompressing and then gave me a crc error and then halted the boot sequence.

    I have tried a few commands that I have seen in this messageboard with no luck.

    Any Ideas?


    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3

    got it

    Nevermind, I got it up and running!

    Wow this is really nice!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Just curious, what was the problem?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3

    /shrug

    /shrug

    I dont know.

    I just burned a new CD....again....and it worked.

    /cheer

Similar Threads

  1. Black screen??
    By mikeym9477 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
  2. Screen goes black now?
    By Eponick in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:36 AM
  3. Black screen on boot
    By alexx-rc1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 10:07 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
  5. Black screen during the boot
    By Sigmatador in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key& picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&

$69.90



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99