-
silent startup of Knoppix live cd??
I'm playing w/ the Knoppix live cd (the OGo version, if that matters) in between windows work on a work laptop, and I'm wondering if there is a boot parameter to skip or suppress the "Initiating startup sequence" and "Initiating shutdown sequence" voices that pop out of the speakers. I've tried using the hardward lower volume and mute buttons on the laptop while it's booting, to no avail.
The voice is quite loud, and I think my cube neighbors are starting to think I'm trying to launch a rocket.
At a higher level, I've looked for a comprehensive list of boot parameters at knoppix.net, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can find this? Would these boot parameters be the same for any linux distro, or do they differ by distros? Thanks!
-
You're not the first person to complain about that startup sound.
You could use the noaudio cheatcode. But of course you then lose all audio.
You can find a list of all the cheatcodes here http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix...cheatcodes.txt
Similar Threads
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:58 AM
-
By nitaliano in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 03:14 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 03:46 PM
-
By jbreiden in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 05:12 AM
-
By pierre-m in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Lot of 21 Intel Core i7 8thGen CPU Processors
$1599.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00