You're not the first person to complain about that startup sound.
You could use the noaudio cheatcode. But of course you then lose all audio.
You can find a list of all the cheatcodes here http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix...cheatcodes.txt
I'm playing w/ the Knoppix live cd (the OGo version, if that matters) in between windows work on a work laptop, and I'm wondering if there is a boot parameter to skip or suppress the "Initiating startup sequence" and "Initiating shutdown sequence" voices that pop out of the speakers. I've tried using the hardward lower volume and mute buttons on the laptop while it's booting, to no avail.
The voice is quite loud, and I think my cube neighbors are starting to think I'm trying to launch a rocket.
At a higher level, I've looked for a comprehensive list of boot parameters at knoppix.net, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can find this? Would these boot parameters be the same for any linux distro, or do they differ by distros? Thanks!
You're not the first person to complain about that startup sound.
You could use the noaudio cheatcode. But of course you then lose all audio.
You can find a list of all the cheatcodes here http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix...cheatcodes.txt

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99