Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Could this work?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    Could this work?

    First I have to say I know (almost) nothing about Linux. Sure I can instal a linux distro and the programs I need (granted a "how to" is included with every program... heh...). I'm blank, enough about that...

    What I need (or rather, want) is a bootable live-cd that does just one thing, irc stats. When I boot from the cd, it starts an irc client, bot and stats program (with included paratmers... so it starts sending stats, from the channels I want, to the ftp-server I want).

    - Can this be done?
    - Can I run Knoppix, instal what I want and set it up. Then take an "image" of this, and from this image make a bootable cd?
    - Can I (the guy who knows nothing about Linux) do this?

    Thanks for any help. It was worth a shot anyway...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh Circle, Texas
    Posts
    4
    - Can this be done?
    In theory, yes.
    - Can I run Knoppix, instal what I want and set it up. Then take an "image" of this, and from this image make a bootable cd?
    For something this simple you'd want Damn Small or a lighter variant.
    - Can I (the guy who knows nothing about Linux) do this?
    There's always a chance, you'll have to learn to write your own configs and scripts, but we never though Bush would get elected, either.


    -Deadpan. Hope it helps.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:32 AM
  2. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco N9K-C9516-FM-E2 Nexus 9516 800Gbps Cloud Scale Fabric Module NEW picture

Cisco N9K-C9516-FM-E2 Nexus 9516 800Gbps Cloud Scale Fabric Module NEW

$949.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco ISR4451-X/K9 Integrated Services Router picture

Cisco ISR4451-X/K9 Integrated Services Router

$95.00



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99