-
running a script at boot
Hi
I am using the ndiswrapper for my wireless card, and I am having troubles getting it to start at boot. I made a script to start the card. There should be a place to put the script where it will start the card on boot. On some distros it's like /etc/rc.d/rclocal or something similar to that.
Any help will be appreciated
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: running a script at boot

Originally Posted by
Gatorex
Hi
I am using the ndiswrapper for my wireless card, and I am having troubles getting it to start at boot. I made a script to start the card. There should be a place to put the script where it will start the card on boot. On some distros it's like /etc/rc.d/rclocal or something similar to that.
Any help will be appreciated
Add similar to this to the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh near the bottom.
Code:
if [ -r /path/to/file.sh ]; then
. /path/to/file.sh
fi
-
works wonders, thanks Stephen
Similar Threads
-
By splittik in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
-
By sci_fi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 03:53 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 45
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By felixsu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98