Great! I will try it this weekend.
johnb
Great! I will try it this weekend.
johnb
Johnb:
I had no issues with the clone disk at all, but if you plan on using the clone in another system, please make sure that the monitor on both
systems support same refresh and resolution.![]()
At home, it booted into black screen as my 21" monitor on work is far better than my home one so I had to diddle around with a knop cd to fix it.
Would have been easier to lower the res and then dd it.
I know, you know this, but just in case.
Also, make sure to set the block size as this speed up thing alot.
i think I just came up with an analogy to help clarify the difference between dd and tar or copying.
Its like a CD. You can write a file called knopppix.iso to a CD and it won't be bootable, you just have a file on the CD called knoppix.iso
If you want to make it bootable you have to copy the image bit by bit of knoppix.iso to a CD.
The first one is like a copy. The seciond like a dd.
(hope that makes it clearner to someone!)

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01