-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi again,
Here is another Konqueror FTP tip.
Copy the following profile file named FTP into
/home/knoppix/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/
Then in Kommander select Settings--> Load View Profile
--> FTP Note: the green light shows which panel is in
the Location Bar. Of course you may make your own
profiles and save them with Save View Profile.
Best Wishes
paradocs
[Main Window Settings]
MenuBar=Enabled
[Main Window Settings Toolbar bookmarkToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=16
IconText=IconTextRight
Index=3
NewLine=true
Offset=259
Position=Top
[Main Window Settings Toolbar extraToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=0
NewLine=false
Offset=-1
Position=Top
[Main Window Settings Toolbar locationToolBar]
Hidden=false
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=2
NewLine=true
Offset=184
Position=Top
[Main Window Settings Toolbar mainToolBar]
Hidden=false
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=1
NewLine=true
Offset=-1
Position=Top
[Profile]
Container0_Children=View1,View2
Container0_Orientation=Horizontal
Container0_SplitterSizes=397,397
Container0_activeChildIndex=0
Container0_docContainer=true
Name=FTP
RootItem=Container0
View1_LinkedView=false
View1_LockedLocation=false
View1_PassiveMode=false
View1_ServiceName=konq_treeview
View1_ServiceType=inode/directory
View1_ToggleView=false
View1_URL=ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
View2_LinkedView=false
View2_LockedLocation=false
View2_PassiveMode=false
View2_ServiceName=konq_treeview
View2_ServiceType=inode/directory
View2_ToggleView=false
View2_URL=file:/home/knoppix
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
falstaf
arkain23, the new downloadlink gives me a 404-errror

My host was blasted by 200GB downloads in the first 24 hours. I have changed the link and am now using Bittorrent.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Other than sftp and fish, what else does ssh let me do?
TIA,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
ssh, eeeh you can do anything that can be done in a console with ssh, it is basically a remote console.
You can also configure it to forward X to your computer.
That is, you can run a X program (just ype the program name in the ssh window) on the remote machine but see what you are doing on your end, somewhat slow but...
-
Senior Member
registered user
What I meant to ask is, once my server has sshd running, I can use scp, sftp, fish, etc. Are there other such commands? Am I missing out?
TIA,
AJG
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
paradocs
Hi all,
It would be nice if the KDE menu gave
a little hint about this. Perhaps a link
menu option Internet --> FTP Use Konqueror
klik:/JAP
Best Wishes
paradocs
man Konqueror
-
Junior Member
registered user
Konqueror isn't lame, but still lack a bit of FTP features

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
Nice!
And I thought konqueror was lame....
I enjoyed the performance of Konqueror over cable modem, it gave me speed of 170kb/s which beats all my windows FTP clients on the same modem. :P
However, didn't find any way to RESUME a broken download with Konqueror.
I tried to install GFTP inside Knoppix, it compliled OK, but won't install using the regular ways, because the Knoppix's /usr/options/ is a read only location. I tried to install inside /home/knoppix, and still wouldn't run.
Any one got clue how to do something around this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I resume ftp downloads using konqueror all the time. If your download stalls out or is otherwise interrupted, just start the download over and you will be prompted to overwrite or resume the download.
I just did so today, in fact. I was downloading the 4 CD isos from MORPHIX, the 4 CD isos from Fedora Red Hat and the 4 CD isos from Slackware. Its just not my day! These downloads just kept on stalling, or my kids would boot-up the UnMentionable OS.
I kept resuming all day. I now have the complete download and the md5sums all check out fine!
HTH,
AJG
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
I resume ftp downloads using konqueror all the time. If your download stalls out or is otherwise interrupted, just start the download over and you will be prompted to overwrite or resume the download.
......
Hmmmm, that's nice I had not tried that yet.
I had not seen that resume dialog of Konqueror before, may be I had not tried to save over the same file name.
Had any body used Konqueror for huge download beyond 4GB?
I have big broblems downloading FC2 from:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...2-i386-DVD.iso
The huge ISO is a DVDROM which consisted all of Fedora's 4 CDs + all source codes. There are several issues for download size over 4GB:
Code:
* Linux kernal 2.4x not supporting the 4GB limit, have to use 2.6x
* gftp reports wrong file size clipping off at 2GB
* mountSMB SAMBA old version seem not able to handle over 4GB
* destination can not be any of FAT system e.g. FAT32 file size max is 2GB.
I had been able to by pass some of these problems, but still when a huge download like this got stalled or broken, it seems never to RESUME properly.
Any one knows if Konqueror can handle it?
I used Konqueror once to download the above from one of FC2's ftp mirror, it stopped at 3.8GB, and I gave up.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
-
By lor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By hybridus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By kayl in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59