My host was blasted by 200GB downloads in the first 24 hours. I have changed the link and am now using Bittorrent.Originally Posted by falstaf
Hi again,
Here is another Konqueror FTP tip.
Copy the following profile file named FTP into
/home/knoppix/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/
Then in Kommander select Settings--> Load View Profile
--> FTP Note: the green light shows which panel is in
the Location Bar. Of course you may make your own
profiles and save them with Save View Profile.
Best Wishes
paradocs
[Main Window Settings]
MenuBar=Enabled
[Main Window Settings Toolbar bookmarkToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=16
IconText=IconTextRight
Index=3
NewLine=true
Offset=259
Position=Top
[Main Window Settings Toolbar extraToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=0
NewLine=false
Offset=-1
Position=Top
[Main Window Settings Toolbar locationToolBar]
Hidden=false
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=2
NewLine=true
Offset=184
Position=Top
[Main Window Settings Toolbar mainToolBar]
Hidden=false
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=1
NewLine=true
Offset=-1
Position=Top
[Profile]
Container0_Children=View1,View2
Container0_Orientation=Horizontal
Container0_SplitterSizes=397,397
Container0_activeChildIndex=0
Container0_docContainer=true
Name=FTP
RootItem=Container0
View1_LinkedView=false
View1_LockedLocation=false
View1_PassiveMode=false
View1_ServiceName=konq_treeview
View1_ServiceType=inode/directory
View1_ToggleView=false
View1_URL=ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
View2_LinkedView=false
View2_LockedLocation=false
View2_PassiveMode=false
View2_ServiceName=konq_treeview
View2_ServiceType=inode/directory
View2_ToggleView=false
View2_URL=file:/home/knoppix
My host was blasted by 200GB downloads in the first 24 hours. I have changed the link and am now using Bittorrent.Originally Posted by falstaf
Other than sftp and fish, what else does ssh let me do?
TIA,
AJG
ssh, eeeh you can do anything that can be done in a console with ssh, it is basically a remote console.
You can also configure it to forward X to your computer.
That is, you can run a X program (just ype the program name in the ssh window) on the remote machine but see what you are doing on your end, somewhat slow but...
What I meant to ask is, once my server has sshd running, I can use scp, sftp, fish, etc. Are there other such commands? Am I missing out?
TIA,
AJG
man KonquerorOriginally Posted by paradocs
I enjoyed the performance of Konqueror over cable modem, it gave me speed of 170kb/s which beats all my windows FTP clients on the same modem. :POriginally Posted by arkaine23
However, didn't find any way to RESUME a broken download with Konqueror.
I tried to install GFTP inside Knoppix, it compliled OK, but won't install using the regular ways, because the Knoppix's /usr/options/ is a read only location. I tried to install inside /home/knoppix, and still wouldn't run.
Any one got clue how to do something around this?![]()
I resume ftp downloads using konqueror all the time. If your download stalls out or is otherwise interrupted, just start the download over and you will be prompted to overwrite or resume the download.
I just did so today, in fact. I was downloading the 4 CD isos from MORPHIX, the 4 CD isos from Fedora Red Hat and the 4 CD isos from Slackware. Its just not my day! These downloads just kept on stalling, or my kids would boot-up the UnMentionable OS.
I kept resuming all day. I now have the complete download and the md5sums all check out fine!
HTH,
AJG
Hmmmm, that's nice I had not tried that yet.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
I had not seen that resume dialog of Konqueror before, may be I had not tried to save over the same file name.
Had any body used Konqueror for huge download beyond 4GB?
I have big broblems downloading FC2 from:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...2-i386-DVD.iso
The huge ISO is a DVDROM which consisted all of Fedora's 4 CDs + all source codes. There are several issues for download size over 4GB:
I had been able to by pass some of these problems, but still when a huge download like this got stalled or broken, it seems never to RESUME properly.Code:* Linux kernal 2.4x not supporting the 4GB limit, have to use 2.6x * gftp reports wrong file size clipping off at 2GB * mountSMB SAMBA old version seem not able to handle over 4GB * destination can not be any of FAT system e.g. FAT32 file size max is 2GB.
Any one knows if Konqueror can handle it?![]()
I used Konqueror once to download the above from one of FC2's ftp mirror, it stopped at 3.8GB, and I gave up.![]()
![]()
I am able to get Konqueror to do download RESUME now!
The style of Konqueror is such that it creates a .part file, such as download.tar.gz.part and this file is left there in .part file name. When I restarted a download, I clicked Save As then clicked on this file, then Konqueror WON'T let me resume it.
This was the reason why I couldn't resume download.
To resume download, I had to enter/select the file file name WITHOUT the .part extension then the option of RESUME will be offered for selection.
![]()
That made a world of difference!![]()

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00