Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problem Orinoco PCI Card

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    Problem Orinoco PCI Card

    Hi, I have a D-Link DWL-520 PCI card. It works fine with Windows. When I run Knoppix it isn't recognized. dmesg says
    Code:
    orinoco_pci:Busy Timeout
    I'm guessing I need to change a BIOS setting, if so, which one?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Problem Orinoco PCI Card

    Quote Originally Posted by andymadigan
    Hi, I have a D-Link DWL-520 PCI card. It works fine with Windows. When I run Knoppix it isn't recognized. dmesg says
    Code:
    orinoco_pci:Busy Timeout
    I'm guessing I need to change a BIOS setting, if so, which one?
    What version of Knoppis are you running? I believe I saw this under 3.2, but I think it's working in 3.3 or at least the later 3.3 releases.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Sorry, I think I may be thinking of the wrong model card.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    knoppix version

    I'm using the latest version (02-19-04)

Similar Threads

  1. Avaya (Orinoco) Wireless Card
    By c123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:29 PM
  2. Orinoco PCMCIA card help!
    By atca in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 09:19 AM
  3. Orinoco USB Card
    By JCraigRoad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 03:55 PM
  4. Orinoco card not found
    By mailman42 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 10:06 PM
  5. Orinoco/WaveLAN Card not configurable
    By Dan000892 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$199.00



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99