-
Knoppix v3.3 CDs make good beer mats
I cannot get Knoppix v3.3 09-02-2004 to work on my machine although v3.1 will work.
I have a SCSI card that requires the sym53c8xx driver and I have modules for 2.4.20 and 2.4.24 kernels. The CD boots in expert mode and I can load either of the above modules after which I get the usual SCSI stuff on screen which shows that the hard drives, tape drive and, most importantly, the CD-Rom have all been found.
The CD-Rom drive is then accessed (light comes on) and I am dumped to the minimalistic shell with a Knoppix filesystem not found message. Why should the filesystem not be found even though the CD-Rom can be accessed?
At this point 'lsmod' shows the sysm53c8xx.o module as loaded but no other modules are listed. Should there be others showing at this point?
The shell message says 'Additional builtin commands' but these commands appear to be the only commands available. Additional to what?
Is there anything I can do from this shell to get the system going?
The same CD will run on another SCSI machine, using one of the modules provided, although it produces a string of 'modprobe: cannot access depenencies file' messages. So the CD itself appears to be in working order but I want to be able to run it on the machine requiring the sym53c8xx driver.
I've searched all the Knoppix resources I can find, including this forum, without success. If nobody can suggest a working solution then I can't see any other option than to confine Knoppix to the beermat drawer.
Similar Threads
-
By sybariten in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 01:35 AM
-
By theonemonkeyman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By ricardomardi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 02:44 PM
-
By gurr2 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By solfrio in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99